COMP 1850 introduces fundamental principles and techniques for designing and developing effective web sites.
Check the course catalogue at BCIT to see when this course is running next.
welcome to comp 1850
201820 - Spring/Summer 2018 sections
The following sections of COMP 1850 are taking place at BCIT's Burnaby Campus (BBY) this term:
- Wednesday - Michael Whyte (Apr 11)
- Thursday - Dave Tanchak (Apr 19)
The following sections of COMP 1850 are taking place at BCIT's Downtown Campus (DTC) this term:
- Monday - Jeffrey Parker (Apr 16)
- Wednesday - Jeffrey Parker (Apr 11)
This course introduces the fundamental principles and techniques for designing and developing effective web sites.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Outline and plan basic web pages and sites.
- Mark up pages by hand using HTML5.
- Describe the differences between versions of HTML and CSS.
- Plan site and page elements using information design techniques.
- Create basic interface elements using Photoshop or similar software.
- Style text and page elements using CSS3.
- Use CSS for simple page layout.
- Implement Server Side Includes (SSI) and use PHP scripts for basic form processing.
- Manage Web pages and sites with FTP.
- Move on to a series of courses in advanced web development.